We are pleased to have the folks from Wedding Party here today sharing their unique wedding ideas for your special celebration. Wedding Party is the new way to share your wedding journey with your guests. Seamlessly collect photos and share important info with guests on your custom Wedding Party app and website, and stay updated on the most fun and unique wedding trends.
10 Unique Wedding Ideas
It goes without saying that every bride wants an unforgettable and totally unique wedding day! No matter if you’re having a rustic outdoor wedding or a black-tie affair, the little touches you add to your wedding day are a great way to personalize the event to you and your new spouse. And couples all over the globe have come up with some amazing and creative ways to showcase their relationship and entertain guests on the big day!
While every wedding is different and beautiful in its own way, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite unique ideas from real weddings. Whether you incorporate these details or turn them into a new, fun idea for your own day, you’re sure to love the creativity behind these extra-special touches!
- Seed packet wedding favors Perfect for a springtime wedding, these seed packet wedding favors are darling when displayed in a wheelbarrow. Plus they’re also functional — when your guests’ plants bloom in the summer, they’ll think of you!
- iPad video guest book Have your wedding guests leave a personalized video message for your guest book! After the wedding, you can combine them all into one awesome video of well-wishes. All you need to add is an iPad, and your guests will be having a blast right from the start of your reception!
- Photo table runner Sprinkle a little bit of personality into your wedding tablescape with a table runner made out of family photos — or even photos of your early lives! It’s a sweet way to pay homage to your roots, and it looks fabulous!
- DIY kid’s coloring book Got little ones attending your wedding? Keeping them happy at the reception is easy (and cheap)! These printable coloring books for kids at weddings will make sure they stay occupied. Just add crayons!
- Send song request cards with their wedding invites! An easy way to make sure your guests are happy right off the bat? Give them an opportunity to play their jam at your wedding! This is a fun way to get them engaged even before the big day — and you might even get some good reception song ideas along the way.
- An offbeat wedding cooler Add the wow-factor at your wedding bar with a fun statement-making cooler! We love this canoe filled with soft drinks and beers, but you can get creative with barrels, troughs, or just about anything!
- An alternative bridesmaid bouquet Who says a bouquet needs to be made out of flowers? Opt for a more whimsical and economical option with an alternative bouquet of streamers.
- A DIY confetti bar What’s more festive than confetti? (Answer: nothing.) A DIY confetti bar is a fun reception activity for guests, and will make for amazing photos later on in the night!
- A fun, offbeat ceremony program Wedding ceremony programs get forgotten half a second after the ceremony is over — but they don’t have to be a quickly-forgotten detail! Making your programs useful with maps, a schedule of the wedding day and important info can go a long way!
- Donate to a charity instead of buying favors Let’s face it — sometimes, wedding favors aren’t worth all the money and effort they take. Why not skip them and donate to a charity instead? Your guests will be relieved at not needing to take home another trinket, and you’ll all love the feeling contributing to something important. Let them know with some custom seals on a to-go dessert box.
Photo Source: Jason and Anna Photography
Photo Source: onelove Photography
Photo Source: Krista Mason
Photo Source: Something Turquoise
Photo Source: Play My Jam Enclosure Card from Wedding Paper Divas
Photo Source: Jeff Sampson Photography
Photo Source: Floataway Studios
Photo Source: Best Friends for Frosting
Photo Source: Josh Gruetzmacher Photography
Photo Source: Wedding Embosser from Wedding Paper Divas
Want more unique wedding ideas for the big day? Check out our previous posts on unique wedding ideas on Wedding Party for more inspiration!