We all know that you simply can’t invite everyone you know to your big day, but there are certain people who get left off the list more than others. Did you forget to (or decide not to) send invitations to these top 10 most forgotten wedding invitation recipients?
- Kids. When the budget gets tight, they are generally the first group left out of the mix.
- Exes. Even if you are still close, it can be hard to squeeze out another place setting for an ex on your wedding day.
- Great Aunts and Uncles. We blame poor health and/or travel concerns for this one.
- Second Cousins. In general, they don’t expect to be invited anyway!
- Childhood Friends. This can definitely lead to hurt feelings, but if you haven’t spoken in 15 years we don’t think your fifth grade promise to invite your BFFs should still stand.
- Neighbors. Again, this group doesn’t generally expect and invitation unless you are particularly close.
- Coworkers. It’s always nice to be invited, but certainly not a must!
- Non-Mutual Friends. The friends you share in common are likely the friends you spend the most time with, so anyone who doesn’t like to hang out with your future spouse might not make the cut.
- Friends’ Families. Sometimes parents of close friends are invited, but it’s definitely not expected by any means.
- Friends Who Argue with Your Fiance. If you’re trimming guests from your list, this is a natural. Who wants to invite drama on their wedding day?
Do you have any forgotten guests you’d add to the list? Leave a comment and tell us!