We love when bridesmaids and party planners get creative with their bridal shower themes, and this event we spotted on Hostess with the Mostess is no exception. We simply adore all the vintage props, thoughtful little touches and of course, the chevron that ties everything together. Isn’t it lovely?
Hosting a bridal shower or looking to add some style to your reception cocktail hour? This DIY project could be our cutest—and more importantly, easiest—yet. May we present (drumroll please…) swizzle sticks three ways!
What You’ll Need
Embellishments to play up your style or theme (we used scrapbooking letters, washi tape and sparkly little pom poms)
Put a dot of glue on the pointed end of your skewer. Spear it into the middle of the pom pom (just don’t poke it all the way through). Voila! One swizzle stick created.
Washi or fabric tape will work for this swizzle stick style. Cut a piece large enough to fold in half, and then do so around the skewer so both sides match up when you stick them together. Cut a “v” shape into the end of your flag. Instant oohs and ahhs.
This is a really cute way to play up you and your honey’s initials. Find scrapbooking letters at your local craft store. Glue the base of the letter to the skewer and you’re done. We chose to put letters on both sides of the skewer to give it a 3-D feel—but it’s perfectly cute single-sided too!
If you try this craft idea yourself, or if you have any DIY ideas to share, send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post them for all of our fans and followers.
Fall is upon us and with so many reasons to celebrate, you’ll need an invitation or two (and we don’t mean wedding invitations!). Put your hosting hat on and start planning a get-together for your favorite people using these exclusive party invitations from our sister company, Tiny Prints.
Set the stage for an adventurous evening of food with this playful potluck invite.
With fall comes NFL football. Make it a fun day for the guys and girls with this cute design, and play up the theme through your food, drinks and decorations!
All of these invitations can be customized to your liking—so you can easily switch out the text “holiday party” for “birthday party,” or whatever your celebration entails. This design is so chic, it will work for anything!
Spiced lattes, butternut squash and pumpkin-flavored things… fall flavors are definitely worth celebrating.
This sophisticated design proves that Halloween parties aren’t just for kids.
Hosting Thanksgiving as a couple for the first time? Get guests excited for the day with this modern invitation.
What types of parties are you planning for the coming months? Leave us a comment below!
Planning a party is no easy feat. But rest assured, Wedding Paper Divas knows how to host a soiree of any style. Our co-founder and design guru Laura is one for entertaining, and here are her top five tips for your next get-together.
1. No party is complete without an element of surprise. Is it a special theme? A darling party favor? Or my personal favorite? An over-the-top dessert bar.
2. Give guests something to look forward to. A potluck with a certain genre… a specific dress code… getting your guests involved ahead of time is the easiest way to build excitement.
3. Let your invitations inspire your party. Carry out a theme or specific color scheme throughout your decorations, food and party favors to make a polished statement.
4. Make a list and check it twice. Think through each element of your party from start to finish and create a game plan. Do you need to book an outside vendor? Do you have the right serving platters? Have you picked out music to set the tone? Try to think of all the little things ahead of time so you don’t forget a thing.
5. Last but not least, never show up to a party empty-handed. Toast a host with a basket of goodies or something thoughtful you know they’ll enjoy. My go-to gift? Personalized stationery, of course!
We’re happy to bring you this weekly tip from celebrity wedding planner and Wedding Paper Divas stationery designer, Diann Valentine. To shop for her designs, check out our Diann Valentine collection.
While engulfed in the hectic pace of shooting I Do Over, I was blessed with my first ‘party planning’ feature in People magazine. I was tasked to provide tips and a stash of entertaining goodies that every woman should keep at home so she is prepared to host an impromptu gathering at any moment. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and it didn’t hurt that I was in the same issue that my favorite Kardashian graced.
So you know I need to hear from you. Please share with me some of your secret supplies that you keep on hand for an unexpected at home bash!
If you’re a bridesmaid on a budget and helping to plan a friend’s shower (like many of the staffers here!), this post is for you. We know you love your friend and want them to have an unforgettable shower—and we also know that being a bridesmaid isn’t necessarily a cheap endeavor. So, we’ve gathered some of our favorite (dare we say, effortless?) ideas to help you throw a chic and thoughtful shower, without breaking the bank.
2. Ask guests to bring a dish from home. This way, your fruit platter from Costco will get a little makeover. And, hodgepodge can have a sweet, shabby chic look when done right!
3. Make your own favors. We absolutely adore this DIY mason jar favor idea. Use the bride’s favorite cookie recipe as for a cute personal touch. Plus, you can decorate the jars with a personalized gift tag that matches the invitation or shower theme—they are just $7 for a set of 24!
4. Stack books or wrap styrofoam in fabric to stagger food and add depth to your display table. Really, it doesn’t get easier than this.
5. Use photos as decor and hang them with clothespins or display them in jars like we did during this fun DIY shoot.
Do you have any recessionista shower planning tips to share? Leave us a comment below!