If you’re a bridesmaid on a budget and helping to plan a friend’s shower (like many of the staffers here!), this post is for you. We know you love your friend and want them to have an unforgettable shower—and we also know that being a bridesmaid isn’t necessarily a cheap endeavor. So, we’ve gathered some of our favorite (dare we say, effortless?) ideas to help you throw a chic and thoughtful shower, without breaking the bank.
1. Use your leftover bridal shower invitations as centerpieces and decor.
2. Ask guests to bring a dish from home. This way, your fruit platter from Costco will get a little makeover. And, hodgepodge can have a sweet, shabby chic look when done right!
3. Make your own favors. We absolutely adore this DIY mason jar favor idea. Use the bride’s favorite cookie recipe as for a cute personal touch. Plus, you can decorate the jars with a personalized gift tag that matches the invitation or shower theme—they are just $7 for a set of 24!
4. Stack books or wrap styrofoam in fabric to stagger food and add depth to your display table. Really, it doesn’t get easier than this.
5. Use photos as decor and hang them with clothespins or display them in jars like we did during this fun DIY shoot.
Do you have any recessionista shower planning tips to share? Leave us a comment below!