Today, we are soaking in the beauty of this whimsical inspiration. Perfect for a spring or summer proposal, this sweet bohemian style photo shoot is full of so much creativity!
There is something so effortlessly romantic about a lakeside proposal. Fresh air, sunshine, and the serene nature of a park makes this an ideal setup for a surprise engagement. We can’t take our eyes off the vintage engagement ring, vibrant flower crown, and boho decorations on the picnic tablescape. And the floral engagement cards really tie it all together. We hope you love these proposal ideas as much as we do! It’s simple, romantic, and full of love.
We are swooning over this botanical boho party thrown by Justina Blakeney to celebrate the launch of her new Wedding Paper Divas stationery collection. Read on as she gives her tips for throwing a fun bohemian party.
Hello friends! Justina Blakeney from from The Jungalow is here to share a few fun boho-tastic event design tips with you today! We celebrated the launch of the Justina X Wedding Paper Divas collection a couple of weeks ago and even though I’m more versed in designing boho-chic rooms than events, I found a lot of crossover in doing the event design and am I’m excited to share some key takeaways with you all!
1. Pick the right location! We picked Ostrich Farm, in Echo Park for the event for a few specific reasons. First off all, the jade green banquettes matched perfectly with my nature-inspired motifs! Also, the location gets amazing natural light — and that’s really important for good photography (also an important part of every event!) Ostrich Farm has amazing food and it makes it easier to deal with an event space that has built-in catering. Lastly, since the event was pretty intimate (about 30 people) I wanted a smaller venue so that it felt full of people and not sparse.
2. Pick a color palette for your botanicals. We wanted the botanicals to feel both tropical and desert-like, since the invitations carry both inspirations (the Alluring Agave design is desert-inspired and the Botanicals On Blush has a tropical vibe). So I asked Kelly from Vive Voce Designs to create florals with palm leaves as well as succulents — and hints of blush as an accent color. The florals tied everything together like magic.
3. Keep tabletop florals below eye-level. Make sure guests can see over the flowers so that they can chat across the table!
4. Add unexpected details. To bring in a pop of pattern to the tabletop, we used our envelopes with custom liners to hold the flatware! (This is from the Botanicals on Blush collection)
5. Have a favor. We let our guests take home Thank-You cards from a ‘stationery bar.’ They got to go through and pick their favorite designs to mix and match. This made for not just a pretty gift, but also a fun activity for our guests! In true boho-chic fashion we used crystals as paper-weights.
To see the rest of our boho-chic event, hop on over to 100 Layer Cake, and peruse the rest of the Justina Blakeney x Wedding Paper Divas collection here. Have a jungalicious day!
Today, we are swooning over this Bohemian wedding inspiration. We can’t take our eyes off the amazing details within this boho style photo shoot.
We love the chic, vintage touches paired with the romantic lavender and blue tones. From the antique china, flowing chiffon gown, and delicate succulents, we are swooning over how versatile this inspiration shoot is. If you are familiar with the Pacific Northwest, you may easily recognize this location as being nestled within the lush, Oregon forest. There is something so serene about this setting.
If you are looking for some Bohemian wedding ideas for your own special day, we hope this shoot gives you some fun inspiration!