The vows have been said, the bride has been kissed and the ceremony has come to a close. Now it’s time to cut loose— starting with your grand entrance. A tradition meant to announce you for the first time as husband and wife, your entrance music should reflect who you are as a couple while getting your guests in the mood to get down on the dance floor, in your honor.
Choosing music for the many moments of your reception can be time consuming, so make sure to pencil in planning for how you will set the desired tone for your event!
Here are some things to consider to get you started:
- Are you going to introduce your wedding party first? What will play during their entrance?
- Consider your guests—will they recognize the song? If it’s something too unfamiliar, it may not resonate with the crowd and could leave the mood a little flat.
- If you’re having trouble finding a starting point, consider yourselves as a couple. Where did you meet? What’s your favorite thing to do together? Can you put a song to these things? For example, at a recent wedding I attended, the happy couple entered into the reception to their college fight song. It was really cute, memorable and got everyone excited and moving around.
- If a particular song holds great importance to you, it’s probably appropriate.
- Don’t feel pressured to become the next YouTube sensation, but don’t be afraid to get creative! Choose a song that signifies the way you want your day to be remembered. Upbeat, romantic, unforgettable—the stage is yours.
If you need some inspiration, click here for a great reference, compliments of The Knot.
Have you chosen music for your entrance song? How did you decide how to make your grand entrance? We’d love to get your feedback!