Getting ready to toast your best girl? Kick off the festivities with a bachelorette party invite in black and gold. Whether the party is in Vegas or at the bride’s favorite restaurant, these designs create a look that’s glamorous, fun and promises a night of celebrating.
Welcome back! Our latest guest blogger, Wedding Paper Divas designer and bride-to-be, Whitney Port is back to share wedding updates and helpful tips for today’s tech-savvy bride. A former cast member on The Hills and The City, Whitney Port is also the creative force behind her fashion label Whitney Eve.
Whitney Port is collaborating with Wedding Paper Divas on a vibrant, bold and eclectic stationery collection that reflects her bohemian and creative style and will be available to Wedding Paper Divas customers exclusively later this summer.
Whitney will continue guest blogging here for the next few months, sharing both the design process and her experiences as she plans her own wedding to fiancé Tim Rosenman! See her last post Behind the Design Scenes with Whitney Port.
Planning a wedding today is drastically different than I imagine it was ten years ago – namely, so much of it happens online and on your phone! And it’s easy for even the most tech savvy couple to feel overwhelmed with the huge variety of online resources available. With that in mind, I wanted to share some of the websites and apps that Timmy and I are using, and have found to make the planning process much easier!
- Appy Couple: This app does so much – everything from letting couples create their own wedding website and share important travel to event and lodging information with guests (which has been one of the more complex and time-consuming wedding planning tasks I’ve come across so far!). If the bride and groom have family on the opposite side of the coasts like Tim and I do, this a great way to ensure that both parties are updated with any travel plans or arrangements.
- Wedding Budget: We all try our best to adhere to our budgets, but there are those moments when we find a beautiful pair of earrings or ornate centerpieces we just can’t live without, and have to make some adjustments on the budget front. The Wedding Budget app lets you track every aspect of your budget so you know where you may need to cut back, or where you have some extra money to play with. The app even breaks down your expenses in pie charts – which is perfect for a visual person like me.
- Evernote: The Post-it is a thing of the past with the Evernote app, which allows you to share notes with your fiancé or wedding planning party. It lets Timmy and I share our to-do list and check things off once a task is completed – and streamlines the whole process of task-sharing.
- WedPics: Wedding Paper Divas’ latest survey found less than a quarter of wedding guests were asked not to use their mobile phones or devices at a ceremony. Tim and I won’t be confiscating our guests’ phones – we have some very creative friends & family and plan to ask them all to share their candid pics to an app like WedPics. Later, we can go on the app and create a cool slideshow with our guests’ photos.
- Spotify: Spotify is a great app to use for curating the perfect wedding playlist – a planning task that Tim is very enthusiastic about. With this app, Tim and I can create playlists and can share with one another. Here’s a sneak peek at a couple of songs we have as our top contenders for our playlist.
- Pinterest: This might be a no-brainer, but I can’t picture wedding planning without Pinterest. One of the biggest challenges has been piecing together all these different designs and elements and figuring out a cohesive look that tells our story as a couple – my private wedding Pinterest board has tons of inspiration and design cues that not only have helps us visualize our wedding décor, but also heavily influenced my upcoming bridal invitation collection for Wedding Paper Divas!
There you have it, those are just a few wedding apps that Tim and I believe are making the wedding planning process a little easier. Do you have a favorite wedding planning app? If so, share in the comments below – I’m all ears!
Today’s Real Engagement features Lindsay and Cory’s photo shoot around their “new” city of San Francisco. The couple ventured to a couple iconic spots, including: Crissy Field, the Presidio and around Pacific Heights.
Lindsay, one of our very own Shutterfly employees, and her fiancé Cory met in college at UCLA and dated for six years, before Cory popped the question in Lindsay’s hometown of San Diego. The couple enjoys spending their free time with family and friends, getting outside and being active, and traveling the world (literally!). The adorable pair has been to over 15 countries and 30 states – they’re shooting for the full 50!
Here are some of the couple’s gorgeous photos, courtesy of photographer: Melanie Duerkopp
Are you a Wedding Paper Divas bride? If you’d like to submit your wedding for consideration, please email a brief description of your celebration and a link to your wedding photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As summer winds down, we wanted to shine the spotlight on some of our sweetest thank you cards. Like this week’s inspiration board, these designs play in pinks, peaches and yellows—and are a perfect way to remind guests of your gorgeous summertime soiree. (After all, we could all use a couple more sunny days.)
Your wedding invitations are a unique reflection of who you are as a couple, but don’t stop there. Wedding Paper Divas now offers personalized drink coasters that match your weddings stationery suite. Our custom drink coasters add a chic personalized touch to parties, cocktail hours and receptions. Made of durable coaster board, these have a matte finish and can be reused several times.
Keeping up with our floral stationery theme week, here are a few of our favorites.