Planning a party is no easy feat. But rest assured, Wedding Paper Divas knows how to host a soiree of any style. Our co-founder and design guru Laura is one for entertaining, and here are her top five tips for your next get-together.
1. No party is complete without an element of surprise. Is it a special theme? A darling party favor? Or my personal favorite? An over-the-top dessert bar.
2. Give guests something to look forward to. A potluck with a certain genre… a specific dress code… getting your guests involved ahead of time is the easiest way to build excitement.
3. Let your invitations inspire your party. Carry out a theme or specific color scheme throughout your decorations, food and party favors to make a polished statement.
4. Make a list and check it twice. Think through each element of your party from start to finish and create a game plan. Do you need to book an outside vendor? Do you have the right serving platters? Have you picked out music to set the tone? Try to think of all the little things ahead of time so you don’t forget a thing.
5. Last but not least, never show up to a party empty-handed. Toast a host with a basket of goodies or something thoughtful you know they’ll enjoy. My go-to gift? Personalized stationery, of course!
Laura is the heart and soul behind our design aesthetic. She was inspired to dedicate her career to design, etiquette and style by her mother’s own love of all-things-pretty, and now she’s thrilled to share her top tips and inspiration for the coming season with you.