Wedding Paper Divas conducted a survey* to find out just how prevalent sharing wedding details has become in the online social space. From “checking in” on Facebook to uploading snapshots of the bride and groom to Instagram, the survey found that guests are taking an active part in putting a wedding on a social channel.
While it is always fun to share photos of a good time, take your cue from the bride and groom when it comes to sharing their wedding day on your social accounts. 65 percent of recent wedding guests agree that it is important to ask the couple’s permission before posting wedding photos online. So, before you break out the photo filters and dream up the perfect hashtag, take a moment to look over the infographic and see what the digital trends are for weddings.
• 4 in 10 recent wedding guests say social media use was encouraged, and a specific wedding hashtag was provided
• 5 in 10 recent wedding guests “checked in” to a wedding using Facebook, Foursquare, or another social channel
• 7 in 10 Twitter-using guests report tweeting about a wedding while in attendance
• 80% of guests used at least one digital channel to RSVP to a wedding invitation
• 76% of guests posted wedding pictures to Facebook
*An online survey of 1,005 adults, age 18 to 54, who attended at least one wedding in the past 12 months was conducted April 3 to 6, 2013. Results have a margin of error of +/- 3 ppt. The survey was administered by Decipher, Inc.
Share this Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to weddingpaperdivas.com with this graphic.