When dreaming of your perfect wedding, you may think back to weddings of the past, when rice was thrown as the bride and groom exited their wedding ceremony.
It’s a beautiful image, but unfortunately one that is unpractical – and often not allowed – for many modern weddings. To keep this tradition alive brides have become creative, giving their guests everything from bubbles to glitter to toss as they make their way down the aisle as husband and wife. We put together a fun DIY project just for this occasion, and think these confetti cones are the perfect item to fill with rose petals.
Making the cones is an easy project that can be done in a day. We love the added personal touch of custom gift tags, which you can match to your wedding invitations.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A square sheet of decorated paper
- Gift tags
- Hole punch
- Turn the square sheet of paper so it is a diamond, and simply fold in one side, then the other. You’ll want to make sure the bottom of the cone is tight, so your confetti doesn’t fall out. Secure the cone with a piece of tape.
- Add an extra piece of tape where the paper crosses at the opening of the cone. This is where you will attach the gift tag, so the tape will add extra support.
- Punch a hole in the gift tag and the cone, then secure the gift tag to the cone with a pretty ribbon bow.
- Fill the cones with your choice of confetti – we suggest flower petals! You can ask your florist to supply flower petals on the day of your wedding, or you can find silk petals at a local craft store.
Quick tip: Wait to fill the cones until you arrive at your ceremony site – the petals may fall out during transport!