Looking for a way to make your wedding stand out? DIY it! Making your own accent pieces can maximize your budget while lending a uniquely personal touch to your ceremony or reception. After all, your special day should exemplify your one-of-a-kind love. To get the most beauty for your buck, check out this fabulous (and simple) DIY wedding project—that is sure to make your ceremony or reception unforgettable.
These birchwood branches are a chic and earthy way to display your seating arrangement. Though this DIY wedding project is relatively simple, guests will marvel at your ingenuity and eye for design.
What you need:
- Birchwood branch
- Wood burner
- Place cards
- Take your birchwood branch and mark appropriately sized intervals from front to back. **Example: We had seven people per table and 16-inch branches. Thus, we decided to make marks every two inches.
- Once you have measured and marked off your intervals, saw down half an inch on each line.
- Next, use a pencil to write your table numbers on the front face of each branch.
- Use the wood burner to outline your numbers for a lovely rustic look. *Alternatively, you can simply paint the numbers if desired.
- Once you’ve sawed and labeled your branches, put your place cards in the slots. You now have a super chic way to display your seating arrangement.